73rd U.S. JUNIOR AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP
JULY 17 – 24, 2021
THE COUNTRY CLUB OF NORTH CAROLINA,
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM INFORMATION
Q: IT COSTS $75 TO BE A VOLUNTEER. WHAT DO I RECEIVE FOR VOLUNTEERING?
- The U.S. Junior Amateur Volunteer Apparel Package.
- Use of Volunteer Hospitality on the days you are assigned to Volunteer, grab breakfast and lunch before, during or after your shift.
- A free round of golf on one of CCNC championship courses at a date to be designated after the tournament.
- A post event celebration/thank you day for Volunteers.
- Yes, youths age 15 – 21 may serve as Junior Volunteers on selected committees. There is no charge for Juniors who volunteer.
- All Volunteers for the U.S. Junior Amateur will be required to volunteer a minimum of three (3) shifts, with each shift lasting approximately 5 to 6 hours. Volunteers will be responsible for arriving at their assigned positions on time. An Orientation Session will be conducted in mid-June for all Volunteers. Volunteers are expected to attend one of the sessions which will last approximately one hour.
- Volunteers will be able to pick up their uniform at the Orientation Session.
- We will make every effort to accommodate your scheduling requests. Make sure to list your request when you register to volunteer.
- Log in to the tournament software by clicking on the link below. To register you must complete all of the screens and pay the uniform package fee.
Q. WHAT COMMITTEES ARE STILL OPEN FOR VOLUNTEERS?
- Most committees are still open for Volunteers. When you register in the tournament software there will be a list, and a brief description, of each committee and you will be asked to identify your first, second and third choice.
- Volunteer assignments will be made to Volunteers who have completed their registration online and submitted their Volunteer payment. You will receive an e-mail with your confirmed committee assignment. You will be able to log in to your Volunteer Account and view which committee you have been assigned as well.
- Committee Chairs will contact their registered Volunteers in May letting them know what shifts they have been assigned to work. In your registration you were asked to indicate when you would be available to work and the Committee Chairs will use that information to set up the shifts. As always, we will make every effort to accommodate your preferences, however, we cannot guarantee each request will be granted.
- All Volunteer committee assignments will be final once made available. We will attempt to assign each Volunteer to one of his or her committee preferences; however, in many cases this will not be possible due to the requests for certain committees greatly outnumbering their respective staffing requirements. If the committee preferences you selected are full, we will assign you to another committee that still has availability.
- If you notify us no later than April 1, 2021 that you are no longer available to volunteer your fee will be refunded.
Q: WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE VOLUNTEER APPAREL PACKAGE?
- The Volunteer Apparel package for the 2021 US Junior AM will be provided by Cutter and Buck. All Volunteers will receive one (1) logoed golf shirt and a choice of headwear. The Cap and Visor are one size fits all. The optional brimmed hat comes in S/M and L/XL. The Men’s shirts are available in Small through 3XL. Women’s sizes for shirts are XSmall through 3XL. It is important to indicate whether you want men’s or women’s sizes.
- Yes, you may order additional shirts when you register and the cost will be added to your grand total at the end of the registration process.
- Royal Blue.
- Apparel packages will be available for pick up at your Orientation in June.
- Volunteer apparel exchange for another size will be held during the week of the tournament on site at CCNC in the Pro Shop. There will be a limited number of extra shirts available so it is important that you are careful when placing your order. At the time of pick up you may exchange your shirt for a different size so long as a replacement is still available.
- You are required to wear the official U.S. Junior Amateur Volunteer apparel while volunteering at the championship. We ask that you do not wear your Volunteer apparel if you are not on shift and just attending the championship as a fan.
- Men and women may wear their own khaki pants or shorts if it is very hot. Women may also wear khaki skorts or skirts of appropriate length.
Q. WHEN ARE THE ORIENTATION SESSIONS FOR VOLUNTEERS?
- There will be three sessions – two on Thursday June 10 and one Sunday June 13. Your committee chair will let you know which you should plan to attend. At the orientation you will receive your Volunteer apparel and your tournament credentials.
- Please make every effort to attend Orientation. If that is not possible, you will work with your committee chair to get the necessary information prior to the championship.
Q. WHERE WILL I PARK DURING THE CHAMPIONSHIP?
- There will be no on-property parking available. All Volunteers and Spectators will park in the parking lot of Pinecrest High School and ride a shuttle to and from the tournament site. The shuttle will drop you off and pick you up at the Volunteer Headquarters. The high school is located less than 2 miles from the CCNC clubhouse
- Yes, your credential will allow entry each day of the tournament and we encourage you to do so. We do ask that you not wear your Volunteer apparel when not on duty.
- When you are not on shift or in your volunteer apparel you may use your camera or mobile device camera during practice rounds (Saturday and Sunday) and ask for an autograph after the player’s round.
- The championship will go on and we will need your help. Make sure to report to your Committee’s Chair to check-in at least 15 minutes prior to your shift, rain or shine. If for any reason the tournament is delayed or cancelled you will be notified via the e-mail system or receive specific instructions from your committee chair.
- Your Volunteer package includes a free round of golf at CCNC on one of two days to be designated by CCNC. Designated dates for using your golf privilege will be announced in the late Spring.
- The Country Club of North Carolina is a member-only facility. During the championship access will be limited to players and club members only.